If you are traveling from Pakistan to the UK, you must be fully vaccinated and should have received your second dose fourteen days before you travel.
- it was announced that anyone aged 12 years or more must take a PCR test or LFD-Covid 19 test before they travel to the UK.
- They also need to have a vaccination certificate to prove that they are fully vaccinated.
- If you are not vaccinated within fourteen days and have not done PCR test for travel you will not be able to fly.
- You can find centres for COVID testing by searching for ‘PCR test for travel near me’.
For qualifying, you must have proof of vaccination certificate and should have received the second dose of vaccine 14 days before traveling.
Before you travel to the UK from Pakistan and are not fully vaccinated, you must;
- Take a COVID-19 test i.e. PCR test to travel within two days.
- Book and pay for the day 2 and the day 8 tests that have to be done after your arrival to the UK.
- Complete a passenger locator form in 48 hours before you arrive.
After you arrive in the UK you must:
- Quarantine at home or in any place for the next 10 full days.
- Take your COVID-19 PCR tests which you had booked.
- Take the two tests on or before day 2 and 8. The day you arrive there is day 0.
Rapid PCR antigen testing is a fast way to test for COVID 19. To find rapid PCR antigen test centers near you for travel, try searching on the internet for ‘Rapid PCR antigen test near me for travel’ and make plans accordingly.
Q) What does it mean that I have to take the PCR test again?
It means that you will have to go through testing again.
It is your day 2 and day 8 testing for COVID after you arrive in the UK.
It can also be a rapid antigen test for which you can ask about ‘Rapid antigen test near me’ from the authorities as formerly stated.
Q) How do I know if I should be tested?
You can use your internet and check if you need to be tested.
In case you need the test, you can use the internet to find the place which carries it out through searching ‘PCR test near me’ and even asking them to take a home sample.
For the Latest News and policies on traveling from Pakistan to the UK click.