If you are traveling from India to the UK and happen to be fully vaccinated, you must have:
- An NHS COVID pass or a Vaccine Certificate stating that you have been vaccinated within the last fourteen days by the UK-approved vaccine, which will allow you to get the fit to fly certificate or PCR certificate.
- If you aren’t fully vaccinated and need to travel to the UK, you can get your COVID test done by searching for a Rapid PCR antigen test near me for fit to fly certificate.
This will make you approved to be fit to fly and travel to the UK from India.
The day you get your vaccine dose does not count as one of the fourteen days.
If you are not vaccinated within fourteen days or your vaccine is not UK-approved, you will not be qualified to fly as you have not done the PCR test for travel. You can find them by searching for ‘PCR test for travel near me.’
For qualifying, you must have full proof and should have received the second dose of vaccine 14 days before traveling.
Before you travel to the UK from India and are not fully vaccinated, you must;
- Take a COVID-19 test, ie, PCR test to travel– which has to be taken within 2 days before you travel.
- Book and pay for the day 2 and the day 8 COVID-19 PCR tests to be done in the UK.
- Complete a passenger locator form 48 hours before you arrive.
After you arrive in the UK, you must:
Quarantine at home or in any place for the next 10 full days.
Take your COVID-19 PCR tests, which you had booked.
Take the two tests on or before days 2 and 8. The day you arrive, there is day 0.
Q) What does PCR test UK mean?
It simply means that you will have to go through COVID testing again.
Simply put, it is your day 2 and day 8 testing for COVID after you arrive in the UK.
It can also be a rapid antigen test for which you can ask about ‘Rapid antigen test near me’ from the authorities.
Q) How to make sure I am eligible for testing?
You can use your internet and check if you are eligible. You can also call the helplines or use google to find ‘station near me’ for help.
Moreover, you can use the internet to find the place which carries out the test by searching ‘PCR test near me’ and even asking them to take a home sample.
For the Latest News and policies on traveling from India to the UK click.